Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

I do hope that everyone who was reading this blog two days ago is alive and well. It means you weren't stupid on New Year's eve. Some of you may have regrets because you hooked up with somebody..... well...... let's just say somebody you wouldn't hook up with when you were sober..... I'm sure you may wish you weren't alive. HAAHAHA!!!!!  Egh, the haunting's of New Year's past......

Anyhow, I've been spending the last two days cleaning house, figuratively and in actuality. Gone are the chocolate truffles, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, and other empty carbs. I went grocery shopping today and bought bananas. Salads. Fish. Ground chicken. And I realized yet another thing. Eating healthy is expensive. It's like these companies WANT you to eat their processed crap. For $6, I can go to McDonald's and stuff my  face with a Big Mac. Or for about $8, I eat healthy. So I gotta figure out a better way to eat healthy AND stick to a budget. A tricky balance.

I also started to rid myself of the drama. Actually, I started it about 45 minutes after I posted last. I let it be known that I have lost alot of respect for a long time friend for the what he did on New Year's Eve. I probably pissed him off to no end, but I hope he got the message. I won't go into details, but I will say that no one, no matter who they are or what they've done, deserves to be left in continuous limbo...... On to other subjects....

So as I am slowly transition to healthier foods, I still do have cravings for the junk food I have come to covet. I split a frozen pizza with the wifey today. It took an hour for my belly to stop bitching at me for that. Oh well for that. I've also been reading up a bit on B12. Oh well for that too. From what I've been reading, it really doesn't help unless you have a deficiency. I did however do alot around the house today, and in my personal office. Its been a disaster for weeks, and its finally not so MUCH of a disaster. Small steps, small steps.........

Finally, today is my birthday. I have gotten ALOT of messages today wishing me a Happy Birthday. For that, I thank you all. I could've had a Key Lime cake today, but if I start making exceptions today, I'll do it over and over again.

...........besides, last years cake will be difficult to top.

2 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday. what was so special about last year's cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And it was just sooooo good. Moist and fattening!!! HAHHAHAHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete