Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Choices

We all have them. We all make them on a daily basis. Some are obvious. Do I get out of bed or sleep in? Do I make my lunch or do I go out? To be or not to be? Heh.... But some are more difficult, especially in my situation. To eat that key lime pie or not? To watch that extra episode of Family Guy or work out? Recently I wrote about how I want to clean up my life, from thoughts, to things and even people. And thinking about the choices I have made in the latter department, I sincerely hope I have made the right ones. Some were easy, others not so much. But they were all made for a reason, to improve my focus on what really matters, my family and health. I have been neglecting them for far too long. So what's done is done. And if you, dear reader, are one of the people who I had to make that choice about, just remember, I NEVER burn bridges. I am sorry, but it has to be this way.... for now.

Moving on, it is official. I have been pulled off the road at work. I now work in the warehouse permanently. Some may think I am a fool, losing all the overtime, but I did it for two reasons. First, it's steady work, with a set start and end time. That gives me the opportunity to plan things during the week, and possibly go to school. And B., (secondly for those who were paying attention) a new routing system is coming to my job. And from what I hear about it from talking with other locations who already have it, it's going to be a rough transition. Times are already tough now, so I went where the work was. I'm happy, you should be, too, damnit!!!


Ahh, tonights dinner. Peppercorn talipia, fresh spinach and rice pilaf. The sauce wasn't that good, so I scraped it off. Only about 650 calories for all of it, not too shabby. I did go above 1600 today though. Damn you Mountain Dew!!!!! But I stayed below 2000. I have been drinking alot more water lately, which is helping. And I am also almost out of Syntha-6. So far so good. Its a slow transition, but working so far. Tomorrow, I start the heavy bag. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Gonna ramp it up!!!

Now all I need is some good music to box to. One can only listen to "Eye of the Tiger" so much.....

2 comments:

  1. Good for you bro. I am very happy things are coming into focus for you. Don't lose sight and keep on keeping on. Remember its one step at a time, and slow and steady wins the race. You didn't get where you are overnight, and all that good stuff. Keep these blogs coming, I read them all, and actually find some inspiration for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Rusty. Comments DO help. They're encouraging. And I am glad I can provide a little inspiration for you too.

    ReplyDelete