Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Doing it Right!!!

Ok, so based on comments I now have 7 readers. Heh heh. So I assume you're all desperate for an update.  ;)

Today was very busy. Usually weekends are busier than the week, but thats because I work all week long and have long hours. So weekedns are reserved to get things done. I have been pining to start working out, and now that the creeping crud is gone, it's time to execute! I spent most of the day setting up my workout room. It's a small start, one non hanging heavy bag and one non hanging speed bag. A couple of free weights and Perfect Pushups! Ironically, I got a workout cleaning the crap out of that room, so it was a double win!!!





I started with the heavy bag. ALOT of noise.I filled it with water because I have a spigot and it's cheaper. But after all the noise I heard, I will probably switch to sand or just get a hanging heavy bag. No noise from the speed bag, even filled with water. But I think I'd like it a bit speedier. Now I like the Perfect Pushups just fine, it does really work you. Sadly, I was only able to do 5.... Thats right.... 5..... I am sooooooooo out of shape. I used to do about 60 in 90 seconds in JROTC.

The only thing left to complete the room is mats. Going to cost about $70 to cover the whole floor, but in the long run, it'll be worth it. Now I just have to get down there and DO IT!!!!  I'm feeling motivated today, like I want to punch right through the bag!!!

Random thought.... a couple of years ago we had a garage sale and I was trying to sell a Total Gym, but it never sold. My father in law took it and put it in his shed. He couldn't stand the fact that we were willing to put it out on the curb. Maybe I can get it back from him...... maybe.......

No comments:

Post a Comment