Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Highs & Lows

Today is a bitter sweet day.

 The good.... I have a new job at work. I've been pulled off the road to handle the warehouse. Organizing, stocking, making sure everything flows smoothly.Nothing will come into or leave that warehouse with out my knowledge. Inventory wasn't too bad this year, but it could've been better. Next years goal is to have a perfect one. 10 corrections MAX. Another reason I am happy is because it is a guaranteed 40 hours. A new routing program is coming to our office, and it only schedules efficient routes. So, if I were on the road, I may not get paid my 40...... and I need my 40. It also gives me the opportunity to go to school. I was hoping to go for IT, but I may have to be practical and go for a business degree. Or if I feel froggy, both.  ;)  Today was my last day on the road. I am going to miss it, but my future can't be on pavement.

The bad..... It is 6:15 pm as I am writing this. In about 6 hours will be the 1 year anniversary of my fathers passing. I got a bit teared up about it today on the road too. In fact, I'm tearing up about it a bit now. I can't believe its already been a year, it seems so fresh. The wifey has been a doll about it, too, giving me a bit more leeway with me and my emotions toward her lately. She's a trooper. I do miss him and could've used his advice recently about something, but I thought to myself, "What would dad do" and did it. I also know he's in a better place and no longer suffering.

I did however pay tribute to him by getting the same tattoo he had..........




I would say Jess at Todd Lake Studios did a great job. (Mine is on top, dad on the bottom)

I will not eat emotionally tonite, good or bad day. I have to keep focused on the goal. The first year is tough, but with all the good things happening around me, supportive friends, family, and blog readers, it'll be OK.




3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your dad but I think the tattoo is a really nice gesture of remembrance. I have one for a relative and its so nice to look down on it and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Today isnt as hard as I thought it would be, but yesterday was tough. It is nice to look at a tat and remember. What tat do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. a traditional swallow with a good luck charm. It's good luck x2. ;)

    ReplyDelete