Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My mornings

So a few weeks ago, a co worker of mine and I were talking and I asked him what he does to stay so young looking. He's in his 40's, but could easily pass for mid to late 20's. Other than the obvious working out, he introduced me to a protein shake called Syntha-6. This stuff works. I drink it at 8:30, and I usually don't get hungry again until about 1.

Lately though, I've been forcing the issue. 12 o'clock, lunch time. After having that mindset engraved in you from kindergarten on, its a little difficult to break. So my next goal, I think, should be to break myself of that. If I'm not hungry, why eat?  I've been doing it for years, out of boredom or just looking at my watch and saying, "Hey!! It's 12:00!!" Time to start breaking old habits.

Which brings me to tonites update. I didn't have time to make my lunch this morning, but instead of fast food, I chose a sub sandwich. A small, yet important victory I think. Got plenty of exercise today running around the warehouse like a headless chicken. I want to do more, bit until this bronchitis clears up, I'm kinda limited.

Had a normal meal for dinner, nothing too extreme. But not the healthiest of choices either. Slowly, I am getting better at realizing the crap I've been putting into my body. It has to stop. If not for my family, then to at least annoy the wife well into my old age.  ;)  

Goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. Baby steps...doing a good job. I think even if you don't "feel" hungry at lunch time have a healthy snack. This will keep your metabolism going, and you won't crash-Kim

    ReplyDelete