Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mr. Mom

Its been about 20 days since I graduated school, 15 since I earned my A+ certification.I have been desperately looking for a job ever since. I've had some great leads, and some not so great. No offers, but prospects are looking up. Yet I find myself distracted by the little things. Wifey has gone back to work, her maternity leave over, and I'm at home looking for a full time job while working part time at Dominos. The plan has always been for me to work full time in the IT field once I graduated and for her to be a stay at home mom. That is my goal. However, I find myself liking my new role as a stay at home dad. Sure we are struggling, but we're getting by. I want to go back to work, but I don't want to leave Trey. I'm torn.

But I know life will be much better for him in the end if I work full time and wifey is a SAHM. She's more nurturing than I am. But in order to meet my goal, I need a job. As I said, prospects are looking up. I potentially have three different employers looking to hire me, one as soon as next Monday. Two out of three pay well, but they are contract/1099 jobs. No guaranteed hours on one (1), and 40 hrs/wk for 2 months on another (2). After that, who knows. The third pays ok, but steady hours, although may not be full time (3). I don't know which path to take. Job one is $20/hr, job 2 is $10/hr, and job three is less than job 2. So you see my predicament. Do I go for hours or pay rate? Back to retail with room to grow or back to another small company with no growth except another job? Ketchup or catsup?


1 comment:

  1. Go with the job that is a guarantee. You can always keep looking while working but contract work can leave you hanging. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete