Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy

Ok, so for those that don't see me on Facebook, big news. Wifey is pregnant with our first child!!! I am so excited!! We have been trying since about 2005, so this is welcome news. I don't care if I am laid off, I will pick up cans if I have to. I'm just very happy right now.

So my unemployment application was accepted, but I can't do anything about it until April 1st. Why? Because I'm still technically employed. Frekkin furlough. But on the bright side I have an appointment with WorkSource on the 2nd. Maybe I can get a grant to go to school for IT. It is a high demand job, and according to them still growing. Crossing my fingers.

I also can't touch my 401k until after the 31st, but I am thinking of saving that until we have the baby. Ugh. I am really starting to hate what TSS is doing to us.

All this free time I have had lately has really helped me to open my eyes to a lot of things. So many things can be done with a few hours a day. I am actually enjoying this a little right now. I know I won't when bill time comes around again, but for now I am in a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment